TRUST


Trust
The word in itself is a very powerful one. It takes away the whole "dependent" from "I" meaning one no longer becomes that "independent" man or woman we crave to be, but rather we "depend" on others and "trust" them to either protect us, defend us, care for us, love us or even die for us.
No one is saying don't trust. But rather trust the right person. Notice how there's a "u" in the word rather than a "me"? That simply means that we are not meant to handle it all by ourselves. We are meant to let go and allow someone more reliable than we are to do the difficult tasks.
Trust goes beyond just saying you trust someone, it means believing and having faith in someone enough to leave your entire burden at their feet and letting them make things straight.

It's the same way when it comes to our relationship with God. God is supreme. His love for us amounts to the number of billion stars we have in the sky and even more. Ever stopped to think about how He sent His only child- a son, to come and die for us?
“This is how much God loved the world: He gave His Son, His one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.” (Jn. 3:16, MSG).
In present times, and not just in Africa alone, so many parents, fathers to be precise, whine a lot about how much they want male children. Do you think if they finally have a male child then they would ever let him go? I think absolutely not! But here's God with a thousand angels to choose from to accomplish His goal but He picked His only Son to come on earth and die for the sins of you and I. 

Looking at it, if someone I knew did something that big for me just so I can know that he loves me that much and that also he has forgiven me for all the wrong i have done, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't just give him my all and everything i have and be loyal to him in commitment and even in the most difficult of life issues.
God is my being. He formed me and therefore He knows me inside out more than anyone can, even much more than I do myself. The breath that I breathe is His and the life that I live was given to me by Him.
“And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.” (Gen. 2:7, ASV)
In other words, He alone knows the challenges of this life and how to handle them more than even our parents who were born in the 60's. I don't need to worry about what to wear tomorrow or how I'm going to get to the place I'm going or even what I should eat tomorrow
“Be not therefore anxious, saying, What shall we eat? Or, What shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?”(Matt. 6:31, ASV)
Rather all i need to do is just ask Him and Trust that He will most definitely provide those things for me.

Yes. We are humans, and we might not know it yet, but we actually do like to worry even to the point of "what colour of underwear do i put on?" No one is saying don't be a little bothered especially if it may seem somewhat impossible, but why not leave it to the All Wise and All Knowing God? After all isn't that His favorite word? “Impossible.” He would want us to say "this thing is impossible for me, but Nothing is impossible for God." I'd like to think that those who came up with the phrase "nothing is impossible" actually coined it from that Bible passage: "with God ALL things are possible" (Matt. 19:26), therefore "nothing is impossible."

Notice how the passage says ALL? Yes, ALL. Not some or a few or little things. ALL. My my, I would definitely want and love to have that one as a keeper. So why not try something different or do something you might have been scared of doing before. Provoke God. Tell Him that you're extremely tired of carrying a truckload of over flowing problems and you're ready to just drop all of them at His feet and let Him handle them Himself. Tell Him you're ready to TRUST Him enough for Him to pick something beautiful for you to wear tomorrow. You TRUST Him enough for Him to give you a sumptuous and delicious meal and also you TRUST Him enough for Him to give you a most suitable, comfortable, safe and free ride to your destination.

The actual truth of the matter is that God has never failed before and not just for our sake but also for His name's sake, He won't start failing now. Therefore, take a week. Dedicate it to God and place all those numerous worries on Him. Don't worry, He doesn't mind, He actually extremely LOVES it when we do so. In fact, He has been waiting patiently for us to ask Him. The only thing we would have to be concerned about is giving Him what is known as TPW: Thanks, Praise and Worship. Can you imagine that? Having only to just give God TPW in exchange for solving those numerous X and Y questions we bother about. It's mind blowing.

Trust Him. Even more than you would trust that boyfriend or girlfriend you're dating.  If at the end of the week nothing works out or nothing good comes out of it, then, well He isn't God. But if everything comes to you faster and much better and beautiful than it would have had you done it on your own, then I think it's time to start serving God.
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FOR SOMEONE TODAY

LOVE IS...